I have to admit I have a Mac at home. The only real reason is because it looks nice on my desk however I have been waiting for the client for ages,. Recently Lync for Mac was released and I have been asked how to get it working on many occasions when I have been teaching Lync (lots od delegates with Mac’s) It works great however a couple two minor updates need to be applied:
- First you will need to install the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update
- Second you will need to manually configure the sip server connections
- Enter your Office 365 username and password, making sure to include the full username including your domain. Then click on the “Advanced” settings to modify the connections settings
- Put in “sipdir.online.lync.com:443” for both the internal and external server name.
- Save the changes and proceed to sign in.