Whilst trying to recover an Exchange Database I recently run into the above problem. Its quite easy really:
- Insert tape into tape drive
- Open DPM-> Management->select tape drive.
- Click Mark tape as free.
- Click Unmark tape as free.
- Click Recatalog.
- Click Recovery.
- In the Browse tab, expand the folder for External DPM Tapes.
- Click Recoverable Items Recatalog
- Locate the file(s) that needs to be recovered.
- Right-click and select Recover.
- Follow the wizard prompts and choose a suitable location for the recovered file(s).